What are the top 50 car shows?

Angelo Van Bogart |
This morning, a reader asked, via e-mail, “What are the top 50 car shows?”

It’s a great question, and similar questions are occasionally asked of the Old Cars Weekly staff. It’s also a complicated question, since there are thousands of car events each year. Although the  Old Cars Weekly staff attends many shows, both for the Old Cars Weekly and www.oldcarsweekly.com, as well as for our own pleasure, we don’t make it to all of them. So, I’ve started a list of my personal favorite shows and those I know other OCW staffers enjoy, and I’ll let you add a few of your own! Also, feel free to include the Web site so people can follow the link to your favorite show.

Minnesota Street Rod Association’s Back to the 50′s in St. Paul, Minn.
Iola Old Car Show in Iola, Wis.
Antique Automobile Club of America’s National Fall Meet at Hershey, Pa.
Spring Carlisle in Carlisle, Pa.
Fall Carlisle in Carlisle, Pa.
Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet
Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club Reunion and Fall Auburn in Auburn, Ind.
Back to the Bricks in Flint, Mich.
Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
Pantowner’s Car Show in St. Cloud, Minn. (I’ve bought a lot of cool cars from this show/swap)
Spring Jefferson in Jefferson, Wis.
Pate Swap Meet
Charlotte Auto Fair in Concord, N.C.

10 Responses to What are the top 50 car shows?

1. John Lyons says:

Hi Angelo, Greenwich is certainly one of my favorites. http://www.greenwichconcours.com. I brought my Alfa 6C there this weekend and took a best in class so perhaps I am biased!

2. John Lyons says:

3. Oh, how I could I forget that one! I’ve never been to it, but Gregg D. Merksamer’s photos of the event always make me wish I was there! Plus, any show that displays a restored 1939 Willys coupe along with cars like your Alfa 6C is tops in my book!

4. Oh, how I could I forget that one! I’ve never been to it, but Gregg D. Merksamer’s photos of the event always make me wish I was there! Plus, any show that displays a restored 1939 Willys coupe along with cars like your Alfa 6C is tops in my book!

5. Randy Mattson says:

I would like to mention Wings & Wheels in Osceola, Wisconsin,
    always the Saturday after Labor Day, hosted by Motorbooks International. Besides the cars, one can find terrific buys on books…and…it’s free!

6. Randy Mattson says:

I would like to mention Wings & Wheels in Osceola, Wisconsin,

7. David Johnson says:

Angelo,
    For those of us fortunate to get out to Phoenix, there is the MacDonald’s show on friday evenings at Scottsdale Pavilions.

8. David Johnson says:

Angelo,

9. Lorren Fletcher says:

I’d like to recommend the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance in Forest Grove, Oregon (west of Portland). Normally held the third Sunday in July usually has over 300 cars on display and cars for sale also. Held on the grounds of Pacific University in an elegant setting. Just completed the 36th consecutive year – very high quality cars shown – also a theme every year. Website is forestgrovecouncours dot org.

10. Lorren Fletcher says: