1966 Riva Super Aquarama Series II Prototype (Lot S159) sold
for at $775,000
Hundreds of vehicles ranging from high-end classics and muscle cars to exotic late models were on the block Jan. 28-31 at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, Fla.
The sales leader was a pristine 1966 Riva Super Aquarama Series II Prototype that had a winning bid of $775,000.
1935 Auburn 851 Boattail Speedster (Lot S176.1) sold for $376,000
Mecum reports total gross sales (excluding buyer’s premium) for the four-day Kissimmee Auction were $25.6 million, boasting a 71 percent sell-through rate.
“We hosted a packed house at our annual Kissimmee Auction, which grew immensely in both bidder registration and sales this year,” said President Dana Mecum. “Compared to our 2008 Kissimmee event, our gross sales increased more than 60 percent. Mecum continues to bring a wide variety of collectible vehicles – including boats and motorcycles – and vintage memorabilia to enthusiasts worldwide.”
1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible (Lot S133) sold for $213,000
The Top 10 sales from the Kissimmee Auction (all sales figures reflect hammer prices) are:
1. 1966 Riva Super Aquarama Series II Prototype (Lot S159) at $775,000
2. 1935 Auburn 851 Boattail Speedster (Lot S176.1) at $376,000
3. 1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible (Lot S133) at $213,000
4. 1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible (Lot S123) at $180,000
5. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S135) at $180,000
6. 1971 Dodge Hemi Charger (Lot F225) at $165,000
7. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S114) at $140,000
8. 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Resto Mod (Lot S243) at $135,000
9. 1970 Plymouth Superbird Coupe (Lot S296) at $125,000
10. 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (Lot S95) at $120,000
Complete auction results are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join at www.Mecum.com. Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see car-by-car results by visiting the Consignments Page.
MORE RESOURCES FOR CAR COLLECTORS FROM OLDCARSWEEKLY.COM