The stylish 1984 Rolls Royce Silver Spur sedan owned and driven by “I Love Lucy” television star Lucille Ball (1911 – 1989) and her second husband, Gary Morton (1924 – 1999), will be offered in a public auction on July 17.
Love letters from Lucy to Gary, Lucy’s address book and other personal items owned by the beloved, late stage, screen and TV actress and comedienne will also be offered by Heritage Auction Galleries in Beverly Hills, California and online on July 17, as part of a major music and entertainment auction.
“The odometer shows a mere 21,260 miles,” said Doug Norwine of Heritage.
“The car features a white finish with tan vinyl hard top, a powerful V8 engine and the innovative self-leveling suspension that made the model famous. There is some minor fading to the hard top, but otherwise, the vehicle is in excellent condition without dings or scratches.”
Ball’s personal address book in a teal-colored leather case with her name, “LUCY,” engraved in gold lettering, contains phone numbers for such famous celebrities of the era as Steve Allen, Jack Benny, Edgar Bergen, Milton Berle, Gypsy Rose Lee, Dean Martin, Ethel Merman and Edward G. Robinson as well as her former husband, Desi Arnaz, and her television show co-stars, Vivian Vance and Gale Gordon.
The items were consigned by Morton’s third wife, former professional golfer Susie (McAllister) Morton who married him in 1996, seven years after Ball died.
“Susie has lived with these relics of Lucy and Gary’s life for more than 10 years and kept them out of respect for her late husband and Lucy’s amazing legacy. Now she’s ready to part with these treasures as she remodels her house to make it completely her own,” said Norwine.
For additional information, visit Heritage Auctions Galleries at www.HA.com.
You may also be interested in:
- Collector Car Auctions: How to Buy and Sell – Online Seminar Download
- How to Condition Rate Your Car (Spring Edition) – Online Seminar Download
- 2011 Collector Car Price Guide
More Resources For Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly’s FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace