Worldwide Auctioneers has agreed to acquire the long-running Atlantic City Auction event from G. Potter King, Inc. The company will assume ownership of the event’s premier catalogue auction, traditionally limited to a smaller number of high-end automobiles.
“As our company continues to expand, we are delighted to have completed this acquisition of one of the most significant auctions in the
Northeast. It is an outstanding venue and a great destination for collectors,” said Rod Egan, managing partner and chief auctioneer for Worldwide Auctioneers. “We look forward to building upon the very strong foundation laid down by G. Potter King over the years and to augmenting our existing annual schedule of strategically located sales with another great catalogue event to service our clientele.”
The Atlantic City Collector Car Show & Auction began in 1973. Worldwide will present its new auction over the Presidents Day weekend on Saturday, Feb. 19 at Atlantic City’s exclusive Trump Taj Mahal Resort & Casino, with consignments limited to 80 car. G. Potter King partners John Chiara and Jay Silberman of The Atlantic City Classic Car Show & Auction said in a press release: “We have observed the growth of Worldwide over the past few years with great interest and are excited to watch them take this auction to its next level. We will be there to help and offer our expertise wherever pertinent.”
The car show is scheduled to run from Feb. 18-20, 2011, at The Atlantic City Convention Center.
- 2011 Collector Car Price Guide (the book)
- Old Cars Report Price Guide (the magazine)
- Old Cars Report (the web)
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly’s FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace