The Minnesota Street Rod Association’s 45th annual “Back to the ‘50s Weekend” presented by NAPA Auto Parts will blanket the State Fairgrounds with more than 12,000 street rods, customs, classics and restored vehicles, all dating from 1964 and earlier, as well as 350 vendors and tons of activities.
Named “Best Car Show” in the nation by USA Today in 2016 and 2017, this amazing show offers something for everyone:
- NAPA Auto Parts Display – All weekend
- Twin Cities Classic Car Auto Auction – Friday and Saturday
- Hot Rod Builder/Bitchin Rides stars Dave Kindig and Kevin Schiele appear Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 – 4 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Sunday Swap Meet on the Midway – Sunday: 6 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Free concerts Friday and Saturday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. – Band shell near Space Tower Friday – The Arcades and Saturday – The Castaways
- Free concerts Friday and Saturday 7 – 9:30 p.m. – West End Entertainment stage – Friday – Boogie Wonderland and Saturday – Jack Knife and the Sharps
- Pin-up contest Saturday, noon to 3 p.m. on West End Entertainment Stage
- Ladies’ Showcase in Dairy Building – 60+ vendors, fashion, food and pampering – Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Cruise-N-Arts Craft Fair in Education Building: decor, gifts and goodies – Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Model Car Contest in Grandstand Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Awards held Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Flyover – Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Kid’s World – Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Grandstand Infield
- United States Flag Raising Ceremony – Friday at 9 a.m. at base of Space Needle
- Church Service and The Memories band shell on Cosgrove, Sunday at10:30 a.m.
- Friday, June 22; Saturday, June 23; and Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Friday and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 6 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Minnesota State Fairgrounds – Falcon Heights, Minn.
- ALL WEEKEND: MSRA has partnered with Metro Transit. Plan your trip via bus and/or light rail to the fairgrounds. Visit MSRAbacktothe50s.com to find and print a free ride pass.
- SATURDAY ONLY: FREE Parking Shuttles, locations at https://msrabacktothe50s.com/
- At the door: Adults – $12; Kids 12 and under FREE with each paid adult
- Advance adult discount tickets ($2 off) available at participating NAPA Auto Parts.
Sponsors : Amsoil, API, Ford Performance, Meguiar’s, Metro Transit, NAPA, Pioneer Press/TwinCities.com, and the Twin Cities Classic Car Auction