The Hawk A Model A Ford Club is hosting its third annual Iowa Model A Day on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2011 in Amana, Iowa.
Organizers say the intent and purpose is to bring Model A owners, Model A enthusiasts and the public together to relive and learn about this important era of automobile history.
This one-day event begins with car registration at 7 a.m. Souvenir pictures for each individual participant will be taken of each car before entering the exhibit area. The car display will continue until 3 p.m.
Other activities scheduled are: Model A "How-To" upholstery demonstration, a fashion exhibit and show, a presentation of Amana history and the hospitality and Gemutlichkeit of the Amana Colonies.
For those Model A owners planning to make this event a weekend experience, Model A participants arriving on Friday are invited to join the Hawk A Model A Ford Club Members on a driving tour exploring the back roads of the Amana Colonies and visiting Amana artisans in their studios and homes.
More information is available on the club’s website: http://hawkamodelaclub.org/.
If you don’t subscribe to Old Cars Weekly magazine, you’re missing out on the only weekly magazine in the car hobby. And we’ll deliver 54 issues a year right to your mailbox every week for less than the price of a oil change! Click here to see what you’re missing with Old Cars Weekly!
More Resources for Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly’s FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace