The New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run is scheduled to begin at 7 am on Saturday, August 9, from New London’s Peace Lutheran Church parking lot. The Run will feature 60+ veteran cars from 1908 or earlier and any 2 cylinder vehicles through 1915. They will come to Minnesota to tour from around the country.
The NLNB is considered by many to be the premiere old car tour in the country. This year will be no exception. Spectators will see many unique and rare cars, many that you’d only expect to see in museums.
The tour is an endurance run, not a race. It is designed to demonstrate the beauty and endurance of antique cars and educate the public about them. It replicates a century-old tour held annually from London to Brighton, England. This year the Antique Car Run is pleased to welcome John Biggs of Princes Risborough, England, and his 1904 Ford which he is shipping over of the occasion.
The Run is also a celebration of the work of some 300 volunteers along the route. Rest stops in 5 locations along the route are hosted by local groups. The following list acknowledged the hosting groups and the approximate time of the stops and the finish line (This has been revised due to road construction!):
- Grove City, Trinity Lutheran Church, hosted by Trinity Lutheran Church youth group – 8:30 am
- Litchfield, Central Park, hosted by the American Legion – 9:30 am
- Kingston hosted by the Kingston Lions – 10:30 am
- Buffalo, High School, hosted by the Wright County Car Club – 11:30 am until 1:00 pm
- Crystal, Community Center, hosted by the Senior Club – 2:30 pm
- New Brighton, Long Lake Regional Park, finish line hosted by Stockyard Days – 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
For more information, contact Judy Goepel, 651-636-7777, firstname.lastname@example.org, or one of the Board members listed on the left. Further information about the tour, including route information, is available at www.antiquecarrun.org.