POMONA, Calif. – Guest curator Lynn “Mr. Cobra” Park announced today a short list of the extraordinary Cobras to be included in the “Speed Merchants of Venice” 50th Anniversary Cobra Exhibit as part of the Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion scheduled for April 21 at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum presented by Automobile Club of Southern California.
The rare Cobras to be displayed include the following:
- The first production Cobra kindly loaned by Bruce Meyer.
- FIA 289 loaned by Lynn Park.
- Recently restored Shelby School of High-Performance Driving car loaned by David Lerian.
- 427 Comp Car loaned by Anthony Boosalis.
- 427 S/C loaned by Anthony Boosalis.
- King Cobra loaned by Bill Hartman.
- “El Cid” Dragonsnake loaned by Lynn Park.
“I was honored to be invited to curate the ‘Speed Merchants of Venice’ exhibit,” said Park. “I think we have a very exciting line up of rarely-seen Cobras, plus I’m planning a few surprises. Couple the cars with the graphic elements being developed by Michael Holmes at Racing Division and I’m certain we will pay tribute to Carroll Shelby, the Cobra and everybody who was involved in this great chapter of American motorsports history.”
The 50th Anniversary Cobra Exhibit will be part of the inaugural Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion. Scheduled for April 21, the Reunion is open to all Cobras, GT40s, Ford GTs, all Ford, Lincoln, Mercury (FLM) and FLM-powered vehicles, including trucks and Broncos and all Shelby vehicles.
The Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion schedule of events (subject to change):
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Show ’N Shine organized by Team Shelby Pacific Coast Division. (Cost of Museum Admission)
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Autograph session, memorabilia auction, vendor’s midway, etc. (Cost of Museum Admission)
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Panel discussion with Grand Marshal Parnelli Jones, Bob Bondurant and John Morton. ($20 admission + Museum admission)
- 5 p.m.: “Speed Merchants of Venice” 50th Anniversary Cobra Exhibit presented by Racing Division, Inc. Lynn Park, curator. (Cost of Museum Admission)
- 7 p.m.: Banquet honoring Carroll Shelby. ($100 per person)
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Track Days Friday and Saturday presented by Marlen Motorsports. ($250 per entry)
Proceeds benefit the NHRA Motorsports Museum and the Carroll Shelby Foundation.
Find other great Ford-Cobra-Shelby favorites in Mustang: The Original Pony Car 1964-2011.