HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. _ The 15th annual Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance, one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks, will pay tribute to the Silver Screen in this year’s exclusive “Life on the Silver Screen” exhibit sponsored by the South Carolina Film Commission. Now in its eighth year, the Festival’s “Life” exhibits honor American automotive culture and era-specific vehicles with annually changing themes. This year will bring a collection of vehicles never before seen together.
“Life on the Silver Screen” will feature iconic vehicles from movies and television. The exhibit will be headlined by vehicles from Volvo (1967 Volvo 1800S from TV’s The Saint) and Aston Martin (2015 Aston Martin DB10 from James Bond Spectre). The exhibit will also feature noteworthy names in the automotive and collector industry, including Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports, displaying the NASCAR-inspired #46 City Chevrolet from 1990’s Days of Thunder starring Tom Cruise. Richard Workman of Windermere, Fla., is showing a 1963 Ferrari 250 California Spyder SWB, identical to the kit car used in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
Other highlights include:
- 1919 Pierce Arrow 66 A-4 Tourer – a one-of-a-kind car owned by silent film star “Fatty” Arbuckle
- 1927 Pierce-Arrow Series 80 Club Brougham, a 1928 Chris Craft Triple Cockpit and a 1930 Chris Craft 100, all to appear in 2017’s Live By Night
- 1959 Bentley S-1 from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- 1968 Ford GT500, aka “Eleanor” from Gone in 60 Seconds
- 1969 Dodge Charger from The Dukes of Hazzard
- 1974 Dodge Monaco, the Blues Brothers “Bluesmobile”
- 1976 Lotus Esprit and a 1976 Lotus Esprit Marine from James Bond The Spy Who Loved Me
- 1983 DeLorean DMC-12, now forever known as the Time Machine from Back to the Future
- 1992 Jeep Sahara from the Jurassic Park franchise
The festival will also feature several other two-day exhibits on Nov. 5 – 6, including vintage wooden boats, a collection of 24 Hours of LeMans cars and a centennial celebration display of South Carolina’s own Anderson automobile, made in Rock Hill, S.C.
Tickets for the 2016 Motoring Festival are now on sale at www.HHIMotoringFestival.com/Tickets.
For more information, visit the official Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance website at www.HHIMotoringFestival.com.
ABOUT THE HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL & CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE:
The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance will celebrate its 15th year in the fall of 2016. The Festival kicks off with the Savannah Speed Classic, Oct. 28 – 30, on the Grand Prize of America road course situated on the property of The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah, Georgia. The festivities continue on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, Nov. 4 – 6, at the Port Royal Golf Club for the Concours d’Elegance (Nov. 6).
For more information, visit www.HHIMotoringFestival.com.