McPherson auto program receives donation

Fifth Avenue Dontaion

Randy Rundle of Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts hands off a box of 1940’s training materials as part of a donation to McPherson College Automotive Restoration Department.

 

Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts, Clay Center Kansas recently made a donation of original antique automotive training materials to the Automotive Restoration Department of McPherson College in McPherson Kansas.

Among the items donated were those from Cowie Electric Company, Wichita Kansas which was established in 1917. Cowie Electric served as a Midwest regional automotive parts distributor and rebuilder of starters, generators, carburetors, magnetos and all types of automotive electrical parts, with customers in all 50 states.

The company also served as the regional training center location for all of the major automotive manufacturers including Delco-Remy Ignitions, Rochester Carburetors, Wico Magnetos, and dozens of aftermarket companies.

Automotive mechanics could attend 6 week long classes at the Cowie Company location. These classes were taught by the various manufacturing representatives to certify mechanics working with their respective products.

Among the training materials donated included: 33-1/3 record and filmstrip presentations, 16 mm movies, classroom workbooks, and large flip charts detailing the inner workings of all types of automotive systems manufactured from the late 1920’s thru the 1960’s.

Curt Goodwin, associate professor of technology, said, “The department is extremely grateful for Fifth Avenue’s donation. This kind of training material is very difficult to find in any condition, and the quality of Fifth Avenue’s donation is outstanding. We can’t thank Randy enough!”

 

 

 

Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts

fifth avenue garage

http://www.fifthaveinternetgarage.com/
415 Court St, Clay Center, KS 67432
(785) 632-3450

McPherson College

McPherson College

http://www.mcpherson.edu/
1600 E Euclid St, McPherson, KS 67460
(620) 242-0400

COMMENT