The California Automobile Museum is looking for a variety of vehicles for an upcoming special exhibit about road trips, focusing on the 1950s, 60s, and 70s.
The exhibit will run from late September 2018 through late February 2019.
Below is our “wish list” of vehicles!
They are open to viable alternatives as well.
- Model T KampKar; alternative of other conversion of a 1910s or 1920s vehicle for travel and/or camping
- Typical 1950s base model sedan; Ford, Chevy, Plymouth, or Dodge
- Ford Country Squire from 1955 to the early 1960s; ideally with wood paneling; alternative of Chevy 210 Station Wagon
- 1950s-60s Rambler/Nash or Kaiser Vagabond with factory modifications for travel such as folding seats
- Classic “Canned Ham” Trailer from mid 1950s to mid 1960s; preferably accompanied by appropriate vehicle
- Small Winnebago from 1960s or 70s
- Big 1970s station wagon; Chrylser Town & Country, Ford LTD, or Chevy Kingswood
- Customized van or truck from the 1970s for travel and/or camping; VW Westfalia
- 1950, 60s, or 70s large motorcycle for touring; ideally with small trailer; Harley, BMW, or Honda
- Minivan from 1984-2005; preferred earlier
For more information or to offer to loan your vehicle for this display, please contact the Museum’s curator, Carly, at firstname.lastname@example.org.