SNOWMASS, Col. _ The Finest Automobile Auctions will host first automotive auction to ever take place in Aspen Snowmass, and the company’s second live auction this year, at 3 p.m. MDT on Saturday, Sept. 17, at Snowmass Club in Colorado. More than 50 vehicles ranging from prewar to postwar examples will cross the block.
The Finest has curated 75 unique automobiles. The Aspen Snowmass auction will also feature a series of cars for the microcar enthusiast, including a 1948 Fiat Topolino Cab 500B, a revision to the smallest mass-produced car of its time, and a 1959 Fiat 600.
Additional highlights for the Aspen Snowmass auction include:
- 1924 Amilcar CGS3: The quintessential French sports car, this 1924 Amilcar CGS3 Boat Tail is extremely lightweight with a four-cylinder motor.
- 1969 Mercedes-Benz 280SL: Featuring a low waistline, big curved greenhouse windows and a Coupe Roadster with detachable hardtop, the Mercedes-Benz 280SL earned itself the nickname “pagoda top.” The 280SL was the final W113 model to receive an increased engine displacement.
- 1937 Cord 812 Phaeton: The first American-designed and built front wheel-drive car with independent front suspension, the Cord 812 followed the 1934 Citroën Traction Avant and the Cord L-29, which were also the first to offer hidden headlights.
- 1971 Alfa Romeo Montreal: Production for the Alfa Romeo Montreal was split between Alfa Romeo’s plant in Arese, Italy and Carrozzeria Bertone’s plants in Caselle and Grugliasco outside Turin. With the car’s continued movement during production, there is not necessarily correspondence between chassis number, engine number and production date, making each model unique.
- 1956 Austin-Healey 100M: Following the full-competition 100S, Austin Healey built this upgraded road car, which consisted of engine modifications that increased power and performance. When production ended in 1956, only 640 examples of the 100M were built.
For more information about the Aspen Snowmass auction or to sign up to receive more information visit The Finest Automobile Auctions.