Old Cars Weekly archive – May 8, 2008 issue Unearthing a Hemi ’Cuda sealed for 26 years Story & photos by Geoff Stunkard In collector-car circles, the word “Hemi” has become one that connotes rarity and value. The old Chrysler Corp. was not the only auto manufacturer to design hemispherical combustion chambers in its...
Old Cars Weekly archive – April 17, 2008 issue Retired auto body shop owner Bill Truka, of Des Plaines, Ill., likes prewar Chrysler cars. In fact, at one time he owned 30 of them. But, his latest project is just a bit out of the ordinary for Bill. It’s a prewar model and a...
This unique early Viper coupe at South Puget Sound Community College in Olympia, Wash., was ordered to be destroyed by Fiat-Chrysler. Their explanation.
The original brake booster unit in this 1957 Chrysler Saratoga needed to be replaced. Follow these steps to give your car a boost.
For years, people have been requesting documentation of retired Old Cars Weekly Research Editor Kenny Buttolph’s knowledge and adventures. This is the first installment in what we expect to be a series.
A 250-vehicle collection has landed in a Minnesota salvage yard, featuring everything from a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham to a 1956 De Soto Adventurer.
There’s nothing like being in the right place at the right time. Just ask Bob Wagner – owner of a well-appointed 1932 Chrysler Eight.
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – The Walter P. Chrysler Museum will close at year’s end, following years of fundraising challenges and operating at a deficit. The museum will merge with The Chrysler Foundation effective Dec. 31. Subsequently, the museum’s historic collection of 67 vehicles and displays will be purchased by Chrysler Group LLC, a move...
In 2010, Ken Buttolph had the chance to buy back the 1948 Chrysler Town and Country he first purchased in the early 1960s, and he didn’t hesitate. “When the [owner] died, it was in the will for them to offer it to me first,” he said.
The UAW/Chrysler Local 412 Veterans Committee will hold a commemorative ceremony today dedicating a piece of steel from the World Trade Centers in honor of those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks.