MARENGO, Ill. - History's winningest competition Cobra will cross the block at the upcoming Mecum Kissimmee Auction, where excitement continues to build for the five-day event Jan. 26-30, 2011, in Kissimmee, Fla.
The 1963 Shelby Cobra DragonSnake CSX2093 (Lot S121.1) is the 93rd Cobra built and one of just eight cars modified with the Shelby-developed DragonSnake package. Originally owned by Jim Costilow and driven by drag racer Bruce Larson, the DragonSnake won seven NHRA National events and the 1966 NHRA World Championship, among other victories. It joins more than a dozen factory-backed drag racing cars up for bid at Mecum Kissimmee, including the 1971 Sox & Martin Hemi Cuda Pro Stock (Lot S150.1) restored to its race configuration and featuring the iconic red, white and blue Sox & Martin livery. Also set to cross the block is drag racing legend Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins' 1970 Camaro Pro Stock (Lot S151.1) known as Grumpy's Toy VIII.
More than 1,750 collector cars will be offered at Mecum's Kissimmee Auction, which takes place at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, Fla. The auction will broadcast with four days of live national TV coverage on "Mecum Auto Auction: Muscle Cars & More" on Discovery Communications' HD Theater. Tickets are available at the door for $15. Fans can also watch the auction via live Webcast at www.Mecum.com.
Bidders are encouraged to pre-register to bid for these drag racers by visiting www.Mecum.com or calling 815-568-8888 today.
Mecum Kissimmee Auction
Osceola Heritage Park
1875 Silver Spur Lane
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Jan. 26-30, 2011
- Preview: Doors open Wednesday-Sunday at 8 a.m.
- Vehicle Auction: Wednesday-Saturday at 10 a.m. Sunday at noon
- Memorabilia: Sunday 9 a.m.-noon
More Resources For Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace