The creator of the 1958 Plymouth Tornado concept car was
influenced by such works of auto art as George Barris's Batmobile
and the Lincoln Futuras.
A futuristic 1958 Plymouth Tornado concept car built on the frame of a 1958 Plymouth Fury, and two Rolls Royces (a 1926 Phantom and a 1984 Silver Spur) are among the special vehicles scheduled to sell as part of the liquidation of the world-famous Yellowstone Club in Montana in early November.
Over two dozen vehicles are only part of the $8 million and 11 tractor trailers worth of fine furnishings, architectural appointments and décor to be dispersed at no reserve.
Georgia-based auction company Red Baron’s Antiques expects the Yellowstone inventory to highlight a three-day event slated for Nov. 6, 7 and 8 at the Red Baron showroom, 6450 Roswell Road in Atlanta.
Over the past 10-15 years, the Yellowstone Club, billed as the only private ski resort in the world, amassed its rare possessions, becoming what Forbes magazine once described as “the most expensive home in the world.” The home, with 10 bedrooms and 53,000 square feet of living space, is also for sale, with an asking price of $155 million.
According to a press release from Red Barons, the liquidation is the result of “unforeseen and recent financial circumstances.”
Vehicles listed for the auction:
- World War II Russian Army Jeep, used at the Berlin Wall
- 1960 Heli-Bout
- La Voiture electric car, circa 1969
- Green 1980 KV mini car
- The original "Johnson Outboard" motorbike. A very rare collectible bike with a real Johnson Outboard motor
- 1924 Chevrolet Boat Tail Speedster dirt track racecar.
- 1928 Ford Model A "The Red Robin" Boat Tail Speedster dirt track racecar.
- 1997 Bentley Azure convertible in blue
- Maroon 1974 Jaguar E Type
- 1961 Pontiac Bonneville
- 1965 Ford Mustang “Barbie” Mustang convertible 6-Cylinder, Automatic
- 1970 Triumph convertible in green. Best in the country
- 1965 Red Corvette 427 automatic convertible, comes with hard and soft tops
- 1948 Chrysler Windsor Highlander convertible, total ground up restoration
- 1952 MGTD replica by London Roadster
- 1956 Porsche Speedster replica
- 1973 Mustang convertible with Mach 1 options.
- 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept car was built on the frame of a 1958 Plymouth Fury in 1959, and has had a complete frame off restoration from the ground up
- Rare 1917 original Northhampton Police bike with mahogany rims, gun holster, hand painted label and the first movable spotlight. Original pistol to be sold seperately.
- White 1957 Thunderbird convertible
- Yellow 1962 Ford Thunderbird with added Roadster kit and power top
- American Traders classic cedar canoe, handcrafted
- 1998 Bentley Azure in Diamond Graphite with gray leather interior
- 2004 Custom Chopper by Trick Daddy, one of only 12, 1400cc engine, 6 speed transmission
- 1984 Rolls Royce Sliver Spur, like new
- 1926 Rolls Royce Phantom
For more information visit: www.rbantiques.com.