FLINT, Michigan – Don "Big Daddy" Garlits, a drag racing icon, will be making appearances at one of the country’s most-popular car festivals – Flint’s Back to the Bricks Cruise Festival.
“For generations of motorheads, the name Don Garlits is synonymous with drag racing – he’s truly a legend in the sport,” said Al Hatch, founder and chairman of Back to the Bricks.
The 2011 Back to the Bricks Cruise Weekend will take place Aug. 16-20 in downtown Flint.
Garlits will be making personal appearances at all of the Back to the Bricks venues including Bricks Flicks, the Rolling Cruise, the Kick-off Party and Saturday’s Car Show in downtown Flint. Garlits will be available for photographs and autographs during the festival and, in addition to his personal appearances, he will also be joined by his famous “Swamp Rat” dragster.
Other Back to the Bricks activities include rolling cruises, swap meets, car show, drive-in movie, vendor marketplace and music!
For more information on all the Back to the Bricks events, visit BacktotheBricks.org.
If you don't subscribe to Old Cars Weekly magazine, you're missing out on the only weekly magazine in the car hobby. And we'll deliver 54 issues a year right to your mailbox every week for less than the price of a oil change! Click here to see what you're missing with Old Cars Weekly!
More Resources for Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace