WALWORTH, Wis. – Mecum Auctions closed out 2018 December 6-8 in Kansas City, Missouri, achieving overall sales totals of $8.7 million. Individual sales were topped by a rare black 2006 Ford GT with just 870 miles that brought $308,000.
As an auction noted for its annual delivery of a diverse and varied lineup, this year’s event produced a surprisingly focused top 10 sales list. Seven of the top 10 sales were Chevrolets and four of those were Corvettes. It was two resto modded Camaros, however, that followed the Ford GT in top dollars achieved, with a 1967 model selling for $77,000 and a 1969 bringing $74,250. Others to appear in the top 10 included a pickup truck, a Bentley and a Cobra Replica, demonstrating that despite Chevrolet’s top 10 takeover, variety was indeed still on tap.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Kansas City 2018 auction include:
- 2006 Ford GT at $308,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro at $77,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro at $74,250
- 1965 Chevrolet C10 Pickup at $69,300
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $69,300
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe at $68,750
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $67,100
- 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Heritage Edition at $67,100
- 2009 Bentley GT Coupe at $67,100
- 1965 Superformance Shelby Cobra Replica at $66,000
Mecum’s next auction will be The World’s Largest Collector Car Auction, to be held Jan. 3-13 in Kissimmee, Florida, and featuring 3,500 vehicles and more than3,000 items of Road Artto cross the auction block. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com, or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.
MECUM AUCTIONS // 445 SOUTH MAIN STREET // WALWORTH, WI 53184-8261
OFFICE HOURS // M-F 7AM-6PM CT
PHONE (262) 275-5050 // FAX (262) 275-3424
Plan your upcoming year with the 2019 Reader Rides Calendar by Old Cars Weekly.
Get yours today!