Ed Burton bought this beauty back in '68, drove the snot out of it, and now his son owns it. Somehow it looks factory fresh! How cool is that? Here is what he had to say about the AMX...
- 1969 AMC AMX 343 cid 4-speed
- I bought the AMX new at the end of 1968. It is now owned by my son, Dan.
- I drove the car down to the end of Baja, California in 1969, before the road was paved.
- Ran the first Cannonball race in 1971.
- Ran the second Cannonball in 1972.
- Also ran (2) 4 Ball Rally's from Boston to South Dakota.
- Also ran 4 Silver States in Nevada.
- Also has been shown in some local car shows.
- A great car, with lots of memories and lots of good stories.
If you would like your car featured in Reader Wheels click on the link below and tell us a little bit about your ride.
*As an Amazon Associate, Old Cars earns from qualifying purchases.