SEMA ACTION NETWORK
URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT
Pro-Hobbyist Specially Constructed Vehicle Bill Introduced in Maryland
A version of SEMA model legislation to create a vehicle titling and registration classification for specially constructed vehicles has been introduced in the Maryland House of Delegates. The bill (H.B. 155) defines a specially constructed vehicle as a vehicle that was constructed from any combination of new or used parts; was not originally constructed by a generally recognized vehicle manufacturer and has not been materially altered.
We Urge You to Contact Members of the Maryland House Committee on Environmental Matters (List Below) Immediately to Request Their Support for H.B. 155
For those interested in attending the hearing to voice their support, the Committee will meet on Tue., Feb. 8 at 1:00 p.m. at the following address:
House Office Building
6 Bladen St.
Annapolis, MD 21401-1912
• H.B. 155 provides a specific registration and titling class for specially constructed vehicles, including kits and replicas.
• H.B. 155 allows for the use of non-original materials.
• H.B. 155 exempts specially constructed vehicles from standard equipment requirements and emissions inspections.
• H.B. 155 provides that vehicles titled and registered as specially constructed may only be used for occasional transportation, exhibitions, club activities, parades, tours, etc. and not for general daily transportation.
• H.B. 155 provides for special license plates for specially constructed vehicles.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the Maryland House Environmental Matters Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to urge their support for H.B. 155.
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at email@example.com. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
Maryland House Environmental Matters Committee
Delegate Maggie McIntosh – Chair
Delegate James E. Malone – Vice Chair
Delegate Pamela G. Beidle
Delegate Elizabeth Bobo
Delegate Rudolph C. Cane
Delegate Alfred Carr
Delegate Barbara Frush
Delegate James Gilchrist
Delegate Cheryl Glenn
Delegate Anne Healey
Delegate Patrick Hogan
Delegate Marvin Holmes
Delegate Jay Jacobs
Delegate Stephen Lafferty
Delegate Herbert McMillan
Delegate Doyle Niemann
Delegate Wayne Norman
Delegate Anthony O’Donnell
Delegate Charles Otto
Delegate A. Shane Robinson
Delegate Dana Stein
Delegate Cathleen Vitale
Delegate Michael Weir
Delegate C.T. Wilson