Cabon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Two at Car Show

If you ever need to be reminded of the dangers of propane heaters and lack of ventilation, check out this tragic story.
Publish date:

From an Associated Press story, two men were found dead at an antique car swap meet in Chickasha, Okla., and police say it appears they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The bodies of 63-year-old Burl Mandrell of Olton, Texas, and his 40-year-old son Jamie Mandrell of Guymon were found in their trailer at the Grady County Fairgrounds.

Assistant Police Chief Maj. Elip Moore says there was a propane heater in the trailer and no ventilation.

Moore said when the two failed to set up their booth, a vendor checked on them and found them dead.

Where to Bid

Car Auciton

Check out the Old Cars Auction Calendar

The Old Cars Auction Calendar has the when and where you are looking for when it comes to classic car auctions.