HERSHEY, Pa. _ This summer the AACA Museum will highlight several varieties of iconic American muscle cars — namely Camaros and Firebirds as they celebrate their 50th anniversary. The Camaro & Firebird 50th Anniversary exhibit is currently on display at the museum and will run through Oct. 8.
50th Anniversary exhibit cars:
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Museum loan: Scott Monto Collection
- 1967 Pontiac Firebird - Museum loan: John Zampino
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 - Museum loan: Rick Risser
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Fathom - Museum loan: Brian C. Yingling
- 1972 Camaro Z-28 - Museum loan: John Iacovetti
- 1978 Pontiac Esprit Firebird - Museum gift: Patricia Lovaas Family Vehicle recently restored by the Pennsylvania College of Technology - Williamsport, Pa
- 1986 Camaro IROC Z-28 - Museum loan: Dale & Vicki Yingst
- 1989 Camaro IROC Z-28 convertible - Museum gift: Douglas Bennett
The museum is in South Hanover Township, located just off Route 39, one mile west of Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, Pa. Regular admission $12, seniors age 61 and older $11, juniors age 4-12 $9, children age 3 and under and AACA Members are free. The museum is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information, call 717-566-7100 or visit www.AACAMuseum.org.