DEARBORN, MICH. – The Automotive Hall of Fame (AHF) is bringing Kustoms to the AHF on Wednesday, Aug. 18 from 1-4 pm. Kustoms are factory cars with paint and body modifications made by owners that provide a personal statement about their style. This event will celebrate those who design, create and promote this unique form of custom car culture.
The event, in partnership with Hagerty Insurance, include:
Kustom car display, featuring:
- 1947 Crystal Cadillac: Featured in nine global magazines
- 1956 Cadillac Fire Maker: A Fire breathing “caddy”
- 1957 Imperial Speedster: Featured Autorama car
- And many more…
Panel discussion of Kustom Cars: Past and Future (2:30 pm). Panelists include:
- Bob Laravee Sr, creator of Autorama shows since 1953
- Larry Erickson: designer of Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top’s Cadzilla and Author of Hot Rod Dreams
- Kevin Anderson: customs historian and creator of the 1947 Crystal Cadillac show car
- Murray Pfaff: creator of the 1956 Cadillac Fire Maker and 1957 Imperial
- Speedster and more
- Wed, Aug.18, 1-4 pm
- The Automotive Hall of Fame - 21400 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124
Admission: $15 for adults, $13 for students/seniors, $10 for children (ages 6 –12), free for ages 0 – 5. Tickets are available at MotorSportReg.com.
The Automotive Hall of Fame
21400 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124
HOURS: THURSDAYS - SUNDAYS, 10 A.M. - 4 P.M.
If you like stories like these and other classic car features, check out Old Cars magazine. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Better yet, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter and get a FREE complimentary digital issue download of our print magazine.
*As an Amazon Associate, Old Cars earns from qualifying purchases.