Sell-through rate of 70% achieved
Story and photos by Charles H. Farley
The Raleigh Classic Auctions was held June 21-22 at the North Carolina Fairgrounds in Raleigh, N.C.
As always, there was an impressive array of cars from 1928 to present. New for this year was their web page, which highlighted more than 300 cars and included price estimates, which to their staff's credit, bracketed precisely almost all of the cars sold.
Auctioneer Brent Earlywine opined that the buyers at this auction are a savvy bunch, and they know the value of these cars. Even with the recent pullback in the stock market, classic cars remain a solid investment for the future, he said.
The top 10 sale prices excluding the 8% commission, were:
- 1952 Cadillac Convertible $66,500
- 1957 Dodge Coronet $53,000
- 1964 Buick Electra $52,000
- 1959 Ford Sunliner $49,000
- 1954 Lincoln Capri $46,000
- 1962 Chevrolet Impala $45,000
- 1977 Panther Deville $45,000
- 2009 Ford Mustang $43,250
- 1956 Ford Sunliner $43,000
- 1937 Chrysler Royal 42,000
Look for a more complete listing in an upcoming edition of Old Cars Weekly Magazine.
*Post Auction Sales were many, unfortunately those prices were not made public.