LONDON – RM Auctions, the world’s largest collector car auction house, will lift the gavel on the Lamborghini Islero GTS from the Roger Moore movie The Man Who Haunted Himself when its Automobiles of London sale returns to the UK on Oct. 27.
Although Moore remains one of the best-known actors to have played Master Spy James Bond, one of his own personal favorite film performances is reportedly his starring role in the British-made film The Man Who Haunted Himself. This cryptically titled thriller saw Moore play a dual role in which he is frequently seen driving a very rare Lamborghini Islero GTS – the example on offer. The car wasfeatured prominently throughout the movie, including the climactic chase scene.
Finished in silver and carrying the original movie registration number “YLR 11G,” the restored Islero is one of only five RHD cars built. Its sale is accompanied by a letter of authenticity confirming its use in the 1970 film The Man Who Haunted Himself.
The Islero will be in good company – the single-day auction also features the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 James Bond movie car as driven by Sean Connery in the hit films Goldfinger and Thunderball.
For further event information and a full car list, visit www.rmauctions.com or call RM’s London office at +44 20 7851 7070.
Need to prep for an auction? Try our 2011 Collector Car Price Guide.
More Resources For Car Collectors
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace