For 41 years, the Hooe's Old Motor Club in the United Kingdom has hosted a Concours d'Elegance in East Sussex, in the southeast of England. According to club member Bruce Moore, the show started in the "one-horse village" of Hooe, located "a country mile from Eastbourne."It began on the grounds of the village pub, but soon outgrew it and is now held on a large recreational complex nearby.
Moore said a number of 1930s American cars were on display this year, as his photos confirm. Added Moore: "'Yank tanks' are alive and well and living 'across the pond' in East Sussex, UK!"
You may also be interested in:
- Best of Old Cars Prewar
- Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942 3rd Edition
- American Car Spotter's Bible 1940-1980
More Resources For Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace