The weather started out beautiful and the crowds increased, as usual, for a typical Saturday. Unfortunately, the day was abbreviated with the arrival of very dark clouds at around 2:30, and car owners took a hasty bumper-to-bumper retreat to avoid heavy downpours and the threat of hail reported to the west.
1954 Chevy 2-door sedan with tear drop trailer.
Elvis lives on the hood of a 1965 Ford Mustang.
1/2 midget race car built in the 1950s or early '60s
using '41 Ford fenders.
The 1990 Diamond Reo "Red Giant" equipped with 16-feet electric
slideout walls and 11-feet by 6-feet, 12.5 MM LED screens for
exterior media viewing.
Dark storm clouds began to close in on the show grounds around
2:30 Saturday afternoon.
Traffic was bumper to bumper on the way out of town to avoid the storm.
Iola was spared hail, but it did fall in other communities nearby,
possibly right into the path of those trying to escape it.
In upcoming issues of Old Cars Weekly, we will be featuring interviews with some of the show car owners and swap meet vendors. Don't miss a thing: get a subscription! You may also be interested in:
More Resources For Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace