June 21 – 23, 2019 at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds
WHAT: The Minnesota Street Rod Association’s 46th annual “Back to the '50s Weekend” presented by NAPA Auto Parts will blanket the State Fairgrounds with more than 12,000 street rods, customs, classics and restored vehicles, all dating from 1964 and earlier, as well as 350 vendors and activities.
There is something for everyone:
- NAPA Auto Parts Display – All weekend
- Twin Cities Classic Car Auto Auction – Saturday
- Sunday Swap Meet on the Midway – Sunday: 6 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Free concerts Friday and Saturday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. - Band shell near Space Tower
- WESTEND SHAKEDOWN: Westend Shakedown Stage – Schilling Amphitheatre/West End Market
- Free concerts Friday and Saturday 7 – 9:30 p.m. - West End Market
- Pin-up contest Saturday, noon to 3 p.m. – West End Market
- Ladies’ Showcase in Dairy Building – 60+ vendors, fashion, food and pampering
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Cruise-N-Arts Craft Fair in Education Building: decor, gifts and goodies
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Model Car Contest in Education Building on Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Flyover - Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Kid’s World - Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Grandstand Infield
- United States Flag Raising Ceremony – Friday at 9 a.m. at base of Space Needle
- Church Service with The Memories band shell on Cosgrove, Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- ALL WEEKEND – Meet Celebrities!
Dave Kindig, reality star of “Beyond Bitchin’ Rides” and owner of Kindig-It Design, custom car restoration
Justin Nichols, ‘Maverick of Color’ from “ Wrench'd” on Velocity Channel
WHEN: Friday, June 21; Saturday, June 22; and Sunday, June 23, 2019
Friday and Saturday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Sunday: 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
WHERE: Minnesota State Fairgrounds – Falcon Heights, Minn.
HOW: ALL WEEKEND: MSRA has partnered with Metro Transit. Plan your trip via bus and/or light rail to the fairgrounds. Visit MSRAbacktothe50s.com to print a free ride pass.
SATURDAY ONLY: FREE Parking Shuttles, locations at https://msrabacktothe50s.com/
ADMISSION: At the door:Adults - $12; Kids 12 and under FREE with each paid adult
Advance adult discount tickets ($2 off) available at participating NAPA Auto Parts.
Sponsors : Ford Performance, Meguiar’s, Metro Transit, NAPA, Pioneer Press/TwinCities.com, and Twin Cities Classic Car Auction.