Illustration by Dan Reed
All Cadillacs and LaSalles are welcome to participate in Cadillac & LaSalle Club Potomac Region annual car show with the featured cars being the Cadillac Fleetwoods, Broughams and Sixty Specials from 1938 through 1999. Organizers are excluding Fleetwood Eldorados from this year's honored category because they recognized them previously in our Eldorado Extravaganza.
The show will be held on Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010, at Capitol Cadillac in Greenbelt, MD.
Specifically, this year's honored category:
- includes both rear-wheel-drive and front-wheel-drive Fleetwoods and Sixty Specials,
- includes the low-production Fleetwood and Fleetwood Brougham coupes as well as the sedans,
- includes the Fleetwood Talisman of 1974-1976, the Fleetwood Series 72 of 1940, and the Fleetwood Limited of 1997-1999,
- includes the rear-wheel-drive Broughams from the late '80s through 1992, when the name Fleetwood was reserved for the front-wheel drive cars, and
- includes all Fleetwood Series 75 sedans and limousines of this era.
Every Fleetwood owner is encouraged to attend this very special show. To celebrate the event, each registered owner will receive a commemorative dash plaque illustration of a Fleetwood (pictured above), as well as a commemorative show program highlighting the history of Fleetwoods and featuring a description of each Fleetwood pre-registered for the show. The Fleetwood owners will also receive a framed certificate of appreciation for participating. It is time for the Fleetwood owners to take their place alongside the prestigious V-12 / V-16, Eldorado, LaSalle and Capitol Cadillac Alumni Car owners who have been featured at the Potomac Region’s past theme-related car shows.
The judging will be done by the owners of the vehicles registered. The registered owners will be able to judge cars in all classes (people’s choice); including their own, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given to winning vehicles in each class, including two special classes for the Fabulous Fleetwoods: 1938–1959 and 1960–1999.
6500 Capitol Drive
Greenbelt, MD 20770
Sunday, Oct. 24, 2010
Car Registration: 9 a.m.–Noon
Show Hours: 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
For more information, visit www.clcpotomacregion.org.
Attracted to prewar automobiles?
Check out our Standard Catalog of American Cars (1805-1942).
More Resources For Car Collectors
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace