Hickory Corners, Mich. - The Gilmore Car Museum unveiled its 2022 car show and event season schedule, with twenty-four “summer season” shows scheduled to take place on the Gilmore’s historic 90-acre campus from May through October. Additional details and registration information for individual events will be posted at a later date on www.GilmoreCarMuseum.org.
Notable events and changes for the 2022 schedule include:
- Winter Motoring Meet on Feb 5: for winter fun and vintage snowmobiles
- Pint With The Past on Feb 12: for a Roaring Twenties inspired craft beer tasting event
- Vintage Boat Show & Travel Trailer Rally on May 14: for a combined show featuring classic boats, travel trailers, and RVs
- Corks & Crafts Wine and Beer Festival on May 14: for beer and wine enthusiasts, held in tandem with the Vintage Boat Show & Travel Trailer Rally
- ALL-GM Super Show on May 21: for all General Motors makes and models
- Muscle Cars on Jun 25: for the best Detroit Muscle, from the 1960s to today
- Tractor Show on July 29-30: for vintage tractors, displays, and demonstrations
- Congress of Motorcars and Family Day on Oct 1: for pre-1942 gas, steam, & electric cars
- DeutscheMarques Oktoberfest on Oct 15: for German cars and fall colors
As usual, the Gilmore’s popular Wednesday Night Cruise-In events with live music, food, and beverage will run every Wednesday night from 5pm to 8pm ET, from May through end of September. Gilmore Car Museum members will receive early access and preferred parking.
Even more, the Gilmore Car Museum plans to announce its Summer Concert Series schedule of outdoor, open-air musical performances later this year.
As everyone anxiously awaits spring and the start of “car show season,” all are invited to visit the museum’s indoor exhibits throughout the winter months, as the museum remains open every day from 10am – 5pm ET.
About Gilmore Car Museum - The world-renowned Gilmore Car Museum – North America’s largest auto museum with more than 400 vehicles on display -- is located midway between Chicago and Detroit, just 20 minutes north of Kalamazoo, or 45 minutes south of Grand Rapids. The museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to tell the history of America through the automobile. Learn more at GilmoreCarMuseum.org
If you like stories like these and other classic car features, check out Old Cars magazine. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Want a taste of Old Cars magazine first? Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter and get a FREE complimentary digital issue download of our print magazine.
*As an Amazon Associate, Old Cars earns from qualifying purchases.