• Jesse James to sell 1936 Ford Custom Five Window Coupe at No Reserve
• First time James has consigned vehicle from his personal collection
• Hot rod is feature car at the inaugural automotive lifestyle event
Jesse James of West Coast Choppers fame will sell his 1936 Ford Custom Five Window Coupe at No Reserve during the Inaugural 2010 Barrett-Jackson Orange County Auction.
This is the first time that James has consigned a vehicle from his personal collection at Barrett-Jackson. The hot rod will be one of the feature cars at the automotive lifestyle event, June 25-27 at the OC Fair and Event Center, which will be broadcast live by SPEED TV in high definition.
“We’re pleased that Jesse chose to show off the talents of West Coast Choppers by consigning the car at Barrett-Jackson,” said Craig Jackson, CEO of Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction. “Our event is a perfect place for a vehicle of that caliber to cross the auction block because it will be appreciated by enthusiasts and collectors alike who will all want to view this interesting piece of history.”
James’ 1936 Ford Custom Five Window Coupe (Lot #382) has a three-speed automatic transmission and a 350 engine. The stunning purple custom paint was by Burnt Carlson from Hot Rods by Boyd while the interior features custom air brushing on the dash. The custom metal work was performed by masters at West Coast Choppers, which includes the chopped, smoothed, custom Nash truck grill. The vehicle, which is James’s personal ride also features 1936 Bugatti taillights.
“My ‘36 Ford is a prime example of West Coast Choppers craftsmanship and Long Beach Style,” said James, motorcycle shot caller. “I chose Barrett-Jackson because they are the benchmark for automotive trends. The fact is if a car sells at Barrett-Jackson, cars just like this will start selling all around the world.”
The car has appeared in various publications including books, magazines and TV shows. It was featured in an Auto Zone commercial alongside James. The vehicle was also made into a die cast model and a large model will be included with the car at the auction.
More Resources For Car Collectors:
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace