Did you know that the National Museum of American History has 73 cars in the its automobile collection? At any given time, 14 of these cars are on display, but most are in a Smithsonian building miles away from the National Mall, sitting under car covers. Wouldn't you love to see those covers come off?
The public is invited — for the first time ever — to tell the museum which two cars should be put on display for a limited time this winter.
Vote for your favorite among these eight automotive jewels in the Smithsonian car collection, covering 120 years of history. The two cars with the most votes will be exhibited Jan. 22 through Feb. 21, 2011. Polls close Jan. 11, 2011!
On the Ballot
Long steam tricycle, about 1880
Balzer automobile, 1894
Oldsmobile curved-dash runabout, 1903
Miller race car, 1929
Tucker sedan, 1948
Glasspar sports car, 1953
GM Sunraycer solar car, 1987
EV1 electric car, 1997
More Resources For Car Collectors
- Classic car price guides, research, books, back issues of Old Cars Weekly & more
- Get expert restoration advice for your classic car
- Get car pricing, data and history all in one place
- Sign up for Old Cars Weekly's FREE email newsletter
- Need to buy or sell your classic car? Looking for parts or memorabilia? Search our huge online classified marketplace